Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the Road Again

Dave has gotten a job as the trails crew leader with the Beaverhead/DeerLodge Forest Service district! We are so excited about this! It means that we'll be moving back to Montana--Dillon this time--on May 20th. We headed up to find a place to live the 10th through the 12th, yesterday.

Sunday after church we drove to Rexburg and stayed the night with Peter and Amanda. It was great to see them and Josh and Eva. They are growing so much (the kids, not Pete and Amanda) and it was really fun to see the cousins interact with each other.

Here's Jed and Eva and Josh. I think it is so cute how Jed and Josh are holding hands here.

Monday morning we drove from Rexburg to Dillon and started house-hunting. We found several really nice places (and a few holes) and finally found this house that we really love. It is absolutely perfect for us.

It has two bedrooms, a spacious living room/dining room area and a really great kitchen. There is also a two-car garage, a great laundry set-up and a lot of storage. There is even a little room where Dave can carve on his bows to his heart's content. Outside there is a great yard, a storage shed, a clothesline, a nice little garden space and a ditch that runs in front of the house where some ducks live. It is so great.

Here's the bathroom with sparkly wall paper. We're planning on taking the doors out of the shower and putting up a curtain instead.

This is my cheerful kitchen. I love how bright and happy it is! That door goes to our very own elevator, which was installed by the older couple who built it. The only stairs are the ones in the front of the house and I guess they thought that was inconvenient. So we have an elevator!

I love that there is a lot of counter space as well. It's so great!

I can't wait to get in here and plant our veggies!
*
Before Jed was born, Dave and I used to jump in the truck and get where we were going as fast as we could. Now we take things a lot more leisurely, because Jed gets so tired of being in his car seat and because he needs to eat. We stopped yesterday in Lima, Montana for Jed to eat. We sat in the church parking lot and ate strawberries and got inspected by the town strays while Jed had lunch. Afterwards, we hung out and took pictures for a little while.
We were trying to get a picture of Jed's tooth (he's been teething since Thursday) but this is the best we got. However, we discovered that Jed actually has two teeth! Holy smoke! Here's this little video where you can kinda see them.


Here are some other pictures of Jed being cute.

This boy loves his thumb. I have encountered several people who think I'm really bad for letting him suck his thumb (including my dad) but I think there is no harm in it. Especially because I think little kids who are three years old and still depending on their pacifier are...sad. 'Nuff said.

Here's Jed grinning at Dave.

I love that sweet face!

Jed was a great traveler. He got tired of his car seat, but we all get tired of sitting for so long. We had a great trip, though. It was our 3rd anniversary on Monday and we celebrated by having really great Mexican food in Dillon and watching an America's Next Top Model marathon. I love my husband! Such a great boy is Dave. We're so thrilled to be going back to Montana and to have such a great place to go to. Hooray!

4 comments:

breanneryanmurray said...

I'm so jealous... Heather still has no teeth! we can feel them, they are just sitting there under the gums... waiting... I was a late teether though so I guess it is expected (better for nursing too). Such a Cutie you have : )

Anna Wilson said...

The house looks great. You'll be able to float boats (since I doubt Jed has any Barbies) down the ditch like we did as kids:)

Tara said...

So Cute! You are SO lucky to be able to get your own place now! Jed is so cute too. Yay for you guys, I am so happy for you! Love, Tara

Sylvia said...

Good luck on the move! It is so much work! Are you renting or did you buy? It really is so fun to have your own place to call home.