I baked cookies and cake Thursday and Friday to get ready for the party. Dave helped me decorate the cookies in yellow and white, to go with our "ducky" theme for the party, since Jed loves ducks--his rubber ducky, his stuffed animal duck and especially his ducky blanket.
Yummy cookies!
Friday we made cake. I wanted to have a little cake for Jed to mess around in and a cake for everyone else to eat, so I made a little banana cake for Jed and texas sheet cake for us.
Jed helped decorate. His favorite part was the icing, hands down!
the finished product
It turned out pretty well, I think. And, more importantly, it tasted amazing! I'll post the recipe later in the week because it's definitely one to add to the recipe file.
Jed and Nana all dressed up to party
Saturday was the day of the party! Grandpa Monte, Nana, auntie Hanna, Grandpa Scott, Grandma Elsa, uncle Alan and auntie Hannah came.
Jed enjoyed the feel of the formica tables
We went to the chinese restaurant across the street from our house and had yummy food,
us cute girls in brown
then came back to our house for presents and cake.
Jed really wasn't into opening presents, but he liked playing with the paper. And he got some cool stuff, too--a few clothes, a new cup, a christmas ornament, a picture of Pooh Bear and an awesome shape-sorting cube. Oh, and money--Mama and Daddy's favorite!
Here's Jed enjoying the bows from his presents:
All settled in the chair to enjoy the singing and CAKE!
Sorry, I'm not sure why I can't get this video to turn. But you get the idea.
Jed loved the cake. He loved squishing the icing around and shoving as much of it as he could in his face. He loves his new toys too--they've been scattered around ever since! It was such a great day--just like the rest of this year has been. We can't imagine our lives without Jed and we're looking forward to watching him grow and learn for many, many years to come. We love our sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment