Thursday, June 24, 2010

bring out the sandbags?

We had a lot of rain this morning. I'm not sure how much in inches, but I know our neighbors' inflatable pool was full to overflowing and I know one of our outside buckets was more than half full. All of this rain poured down between 4:30 am and 1:00 pm.

thankfully our backyard has good drainage--as I walked back to check on our garden, the middle of our yard was ankle-deep in rain, but by the house it was fine.

We have put a 12 foot board across this normally-small drainage ditch behind our house so we can cut across to a running/walking path. The board was completely underwater. The grass in the middle of the water shows where the other bank is normally. Thank goodness our "bridge" didn't float away!

Jed loved the rain and kept dashing out into it.

Looking from our front porch to the empty house across the street. So much water!

Jed and I went to Tyler (about an hour and a half north of here) this afternoon with some ladies in our branch. I was a little worried about leaving with the rain still pouring down--what if we flooded?--but when we came home, the rain had stopped and the streets were dry. Cuh-RA-zy!

1 comment:

Tara said...

that is crazy! And so cool! I love the rain!