I want to let you know that I intensely love my life, but there are days I want to tear my hair out and hide under my bed with a package of chocolate chips. Today is one of those days.
It all started with breakfast. I was cooking Cream of Wheat, but Jed needed something right now, so I couldn't stir it and it turned lumpy and reminded me of mortar as it blobbed into the bowl. Jed refused to eat said Cream of Wheat but wanted the brown sugar, plain.
I needed to make granola today, so after doing the breakfast dishes (with my chisel for the Cream of Wheat) we drug that mess out. I may or may not have found some critters in my oats bucket. Looks like I need to get those fancy lids ASAP. We carried on. Since Jed is a little dangerous around the stove, I let him play with my spice rack while I was stirring the syrup for the granola. He had a good time rolling the glass jars around and banging them into one another--until one broke and glass and garlic salt went everywhere.
This is disgusting, but here you go: Jed is normally a "neat" pooper. He's the ideal kid for doing cloth diapers--you just shake the lump of poo in the toilet and away you go. But every once in a while, he has these horribly messy affairs that somehow smear all over his body. He came to me with one of those today--hooray! I had his diaper all opened up before I realized I had no more wipes on the changing table and had to rummage around in the closet and find the new package. Jed put his foot AND both hands in the poo before I could stop him. So we had to take a bath.
I always do laundry on Mondays. I hung a load on the clothesline after Jed went down for a nap, then had my lunch. The laundry was on the line for about 45 minutes before it started thundering. I went outside to see how dry my laundry was and if I really needed to rescue it or just chance it. I was feeling little drops and things were sounding rather ominous, so I rushed to bring the laundry inside. Has it started raining yet? Nope.
While I was eating lunch, I read a book. I was enjoying my lunch and my reading (and my respite from calamity) intensely. And then I sniffed. My granola, which needs to be stirred about every 10 minutes while it bakes, had gone pretty long with out a stir and was looking more than a little black.
Where are my chocolate chips?
5 comments:
So Sorry About your day... hope you find the Chocolate Chips ASAP!!! We all have days like those, so dont't get down on yourself! Have a Great Rest of your day and know I'm thinking of ya :)!!!!
oh man....that sounds tough. I can relate to ALL of it, Holly. (well, except for the rain on my laundry part - my laundry is usually dry after about 15 minutes on the line because of how hot it is in the desert ;) ). Anyways, I can relate to most of it, and even though I know it was a tough day, reading your post somehow makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one who has days like that. :)
oh, and while you are at it, you should get some peanut butter to dip your chocolate chips in :)
Holly, at our house, we even dip the chocolate chips in chocolate frosting. Tastes great! Your posts are great...I ALWAYS enjoy reading them!
Sorry you had a bad day. I've had my share. Hope you find the chocolate chips and know that someone is thinking about you far away!
Post a Comment