Tonight I thought we'd try them one more time to see if repetition made Jed's heart any fonder, and it definitely hasn't. Lest you think I'm terribly mean, please know he was in each costume for less than five minutes.
First up, the kangaroo. I think Jed hates this one so much because it has a little joey sewn into the pouch in front. Jed desperately wants to take it out and play with it, but it's only a head and two paws sewn in, so he can't get it out, and there's not much to play with if he could.
Also, that hood is way too big.
"Get it off me!"
Next up, the cow. I really want Jed to like this one, because Jed says "boo" when you ask him what the cow says, and I think that would be super adorable for him to say at every door we visit. However...
ride 'em cow boy...?
Finally, the giraffe. Jed actually likes this costume. However, it's about 6 inches too short for him, so he has to hunch over so we can zip it, and it gives him a major wedgie. I didn't know it was even possible for a kid who wears cloth diapers to get a wedgie, but this costume makes it so.
Okay, please pardon what I'm wearing. I have had such a crazy day today that I didn't make it out of my workout clothes. I have accomplished so much today, but a shower wasn't one of those things. I really don't dress like this every day!
"wow, I look great!"
*
So, it looks like I do have to come up with Halloween costumes after all. I have a good idea of what we'll be, but you'll just have to wait for that.
*
ps. Yes, we did rearrange Jed's room again. He could reach the light switch from the crib with it set up the other way, and he spent "nap time" turning the light on and off. Today with the new setup, he slept like a log.
1 comment:
So cute! Halloween costumes are a challenge. I bought Corbin a skeleton costume and as soon as we got out the Halloween stuff from last year, he saw his bee costume and that is all he wants to be for Halloween now. I think I've convinced him to wear some of his dress up clothes for the Carnival, and maybe even for trunk-or-treat since he wore his bee costume to Joy School yesterday. Good luck. I'm sure he'll be adorable no matter what!
Post a Comment