Friday, March 25, 2011

Why do I even bother?

Yesterday Jed came to me with his hat and his mittens, giggling. He wanted me to help him put them on, and once I did, he had a great time. He looked at himself in all available reflective surfaces and laughed and laughed--it was pretty silly to wear a hat and mittens in 80 degree weather. I thought he looked so cute and decided to take a picture. I asked Jed to stand by the desk and let me take his picture and then I'd show it to him.

Big mistake.


You'd have thought I asked him to stand in front of a firing squad instead. My heavens, all I wanted to do was preserve his cuteness for posterity's sake, and I got a wailing banshee for my efforts.
*
So many things in daily life with Jed have the same result that sometimes I wonder why I make any effort at all. Please, please, please, remind me that this is a phase and both of us will make it out alive.

2 comments:

Tara said...

good luck. no advice here because i am on the same boat. But you are right - he does look cute, even while crying. :)

breanneryanmurray said...

oh my gosh it must be the season...

cause Heather has been such a PILL lately, she refuses to nap, has to be constantly held, and is whining about EVERYTHING!!!

i mean the absolute littlest thing will competently set her off lately and she'll throw a fit for DAYS. it takes my whole being to keep it together, not pull out my hair, and go curl up in a little ball in the farthest corner of the house with two sets of earplugs in!!

i am praying for patience constantly, and the next time i do i'll throw in your name too... love ya, and good luck! :)