We purchased an air-soft gun back in January so I could shoot our cats when they pooped in our garden. I know, my logic is kind of flawed--I had cats, I had no desire to change a litter box, they had to go somewhere...but not my garden. So I would shoot them.
Anyway, since our cats went to live elsewhere, the gun has been getting much less use. Dave has started using it to shoot birds if they get too close to our strawberries, but thanks to Dora, Lightning McQueen and company, he doesn't need to do that too often. This brings Jed great sadness since he loves our gun. He begs to shoot any time he sees the gun. He longs to put his hand in the jar of pellets and just play in there forever.
As I said earlier, Jed discovered the delights of the sprinkler during our marathon yard-work session on Dave's days off, so he's soaked in these pictures. I think that only adds to their charm.
He aims pretty well already. I can't decide whether to be proud or a little worried.
"Reach for the sky!"
Practicing his parade drills, apparently. Do they even have those in the Texas Rangers?
The gun is so extremely heavy that I think I may start him on a weight-lifting regimen so that when he has to defend his family from the nefarious Black Bart, he'll actually be able to heft his weapon.
1 comment:
Dave and Don are extrememly jealous of Jed's gun. Boys will be boys I guess. It'll be a hayday if they ever get together to play cowboys and indians. someday.
Post a Comment