Friday, July 22, 2011

a day without shorts

Since Jed is potty-training, he has been spending a lot of time sans shorts. It's just easier to remove one layer instead of two for quick runs to the Froggy Potty. This was our day yesterday:

After breakfast and putting the laundry on the clothesline, Jed wore my sunglasses for a while.

Since our house is pretty dark, I guess he felt like he had to look at the lights to get the full effect.

Oh, so glamorous!

After a few more chores, we got out the play dough.

Jed remains convinced that all dough can be eaten.



Jed is good at making balls and snakes. We have been watching Cake Boss lately and I was inspired to try something a little more involved. My duck and cat turned out pretty well, but the dog I attempted multiple times was a sad failure. Finally I just gave up and accepted that I am only meant to make pigs.

After Jed's nap, Dave and I decided to put Jed's cloth diapers away for good. Dave asked Jed if he wanted to go work with him in the shed to find a box for the diapers, and Jed insisted they both wear their hats since Daddy wears a hat to work, and they were working in the shed...

I need to just take a second and marvel that Jed actually made it through the day in only one shirt.

Such cute boys working together.

And then we put the diapers in the box forever! I am so proud of how well Jed is doing with this potty-training business. For the most part...we still have a few bumps to sort out.

No comments: