Friday night we went to my dad's first football game of the season.
I love football! I grew up folding jerseys, lining fields, sneaking in to watch film with my dad, and being exhilarated by the crash of pads and smell of grass on Friday night. I think the thing I've missed the most since we've moved away is not being able to sit on hard bleachers every weekend and yell my lungs out.
Jed loved it!
The boys are young and learning.
The boys ended up losing, but they fought hard and the defense was much improved from last year.
One of my favorite things as a kid was running out onto the field after the game to talk to my dad. We always had to wait until after he talked to the team and the reporters, and then we'd give him a big hug and tell him what a good game it was. It was fun to watch Jed and my cousins Alexis and Cameron be so anxious to go out on the field. Some things never change!
Saturday morning we went to the Utah County Fair for our annual dose of sugar, grease, barnyard animals and 4-H crafts.
We sat down to listen to the bluegrass band while we ate our funnel cake. Jed loved it--he was dancing in the aisle.
Jed really like looking at all the animals. They had a little petting zoo where you could get up close and personal, but it was so hot that neither the animals or kids cared much for petting. We also walked through all the animals that had been judged--Jed's favorite were the pigs.
Saturday afternoon, Dave's sister Ruth, her husband Aaron and our nephews Don, Dave and baby Daniel came to visit. It was fun to watch the boys "play" together. Aaron and Ruth were headed to one of Aaron's relative's wedding receptions, so before they left, they changed clothes. I offered to help Dave (the young one) get into his dress clothes while Ruth fed Daniel. Dave was a little hesitant until Aaron reminded him that I'd painted his toenails a couple of days before. Then Dave told me "You're nice. You can help me." I'm so glad I meet his approval!
We wanted a picture of all the boys together, but Jed is totally unable to stand still for a picture, so I got to be a part of the fun.
Yep, Don and Dave are twins, but clearly, they're not identical. Dave looks just like his mama and Don looks just like his dad. So cute!
I had to put this on here to prove that Dave cleaned up pretty well. And because I love how cute my mom is--I hope when I'm her age, I look as good and dress as well as she does.
Such cute boys!
We also went swimming with Auntie Hanna and Uncle RoRo and Jed loved the water slide. I love being with Hanna and Stephen--they're such fun newlyweds. It was so great just to hang out and relax with the family for a while!
1 comment:
I remember listening to the games on the radio at your house when we were little. What fun to relive some memories.
Post a Comment