Friday, September 23, 2011

an injury

Monday night I was able to see The Help with a good friend of mine. I have been looking forward to seeing it for sooo long because I loved the book so much. As I was getting ready to leave, Jed tripped on his shoes (truly, his mother's son) and hit his eyebrow on a chair.

Jed cries about every little scratch and bang, but this was one of those instances where he didn't start to cry immediately, and that's always a signal that he's actually hurt. His eyebrow swelled up right away and was bright blue underneath the skin. After we got him calmed down, I tried to take some pictures.

Of course it doesn't look as bad in the pictures as it really was. Seriously, it was awful.

Swollen!

Two nights later, you can still see that it's swollen and starting to bruise a little.

Today, the bruise is really starting to show up, now that the swelling has gone down a bit. The bruise is especially dark in the crease of Jed's eye, but since he was enthralled with Lightning McQueen while I was taking these pictures, you can't see it that well.

Jed has definitely been milking this little injury for all it's worth. Any time Dave or I give Jed something to do that he doesn't care for, he rubs his eye, then comes to us and says "Owww! Eye hurt. Need kiss!" What a boy!

No comments: