One of the latest developments is that Jed thinks he should no longer have to take a nap. I desperately still need him to take a nap. Every day at about 2:30, we read a couple of stories, go potty, take a drink, beg for another drink, and then Jed goes into his bed. I have started telling him that he doesn't actually have to sleep, but that he does need to rest and have "quiet time" for about an hour. He gets a huge stack of books and a car or two and usually he is pretty good. Sometimes he opens the window blinds and watches the world go by. I really don't care what he does as long as he is fairly quiet and contained for at least an hour. The other day he had quieted down and Dave went in to check on him. This is what he found:
That's Jed's curtain that he's curled up with, and his favorite dinosaur book. Dave tried to extricate the curtain from Jed's clutches but it was impossible. And Jed slept like this for FOUR hours. Mommy is right--a nap is still necessary on some days!
Another funny thing Jed is into right now is showing off his socks. Jed loves his fancy socks and when he wears them (like to church) he wants to have his pant legs rolled up to show them off. He doesn't have as many fashionable pairs as he used to, so he gets super excited when he does have on a fun pair.
It really bugs him whern the socks fall down and leave skin between the rolled up pant leg and the pulled up sock. I wonder if it would be possible to find sock garters for a three-year-old?
So proud of his Sunday ensemble! Oh, and you can see a little bit of my baby-belly poking out. Truthfully, it's mostly a cracker belly. I am not hungry for anything really, but the thought of fresh veggies and the texture of a salad makes me feel particularly vomitrocious. I have been eating a lot of saltines and cheese-its and it's starting to add up :( One day a salad will sound good again!
No comments:
Post a Comment