After we had all the paperwork filled out, we hung out in the lobby. Jed was so tired that he curled up and went back to sleep.
Jed has always been really good about going to bed on his own, so I've never gotten to watch him actually fall asleep before (except when he was a newborn, but that's different.) It was really cute to watch him snuggle in and doze off. And when he'd been sleeping for like 10 minutes, they called us back to fill out MORE paperwork and meet his nurse. Argh.
The nurse gave Jed some drug (I don't remember the name) that would help him relax before taking him back to surgery. When she took him away, he was pretty loopy, but still with-it enough to know a stranger was carting him off to an unfamiliar place. It wasn't fun to have to walk away and listen to him cry, but before we knew it--seriously, 20 minutes--the ENT doctor who put his tubes in was calling us back to tell us everything went smoothly, the tubes were where they should be and Jed no longer had adenoids.
We had to wait a little more until Jed was sufficiently awake for the nurse to bring him to us in the 2nd stage recovery room. When she brought him to us, he was SO disoriented and silly.
The nurse gave Jed some drug (I don't remember the name) that would help him relax before taking him back to surgery. When she took him away, he was pretty loopy, but still with-it enough to know a stranger was carting him off to an unfamiliar place. It wasn't fun to have to walk away and listen to him cry, but before we knew it--seriously, 20 minutes--the ENT doctor who put his tubes in was calling us back to tell us everything went smoothly, the tubes were where they should be and Jed no longer had adenoids.
We had to wait a little more until Jed was sufficiently awake for the nurse to bring him to us in the 2nd stage recovery room. When she brought him to us, he was SO disoriented and silly.
I REALLY wish we would have gotten a movie of it--when Jed was laying here in my arms, something about the way the light was shining in the window must have made him see dust motes or something else interesting, because he was waving his arms around all slowly in front of his face like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. He was hilarious. He wanted to walk, but every time he'd stand up, his leg would give out and he'd slump to one side, or walk in a circle. He would laugh this drunken little giggle and Dave and I were absolutely hysterical.
feeling a little better, snuggling with Daddy.
Here's the best video we got of Jed's craziness:
I am so glad we went ahead with the tubes. It was such an easy procedure--the most painful part was getting up at 3:30--and I know it's going to help him so much with his speech. And we have some really funny memories now, too!
1 comment:
Glad it went well. I'm a little tipsy myself when I have to wake up that early in the morning :)
Post a Comment