Saturday, August 18, 2012

Iargo Springs

Last Sunday we needed to get out of the house. It was the first sunny day we'd had since my mom arrived on Thursday and after 3 days of torrential rain, we were all going a little stir-crazy. After church and an awesome lunch, we loaded into the car for a little trip to Iargo Springs.

Iargo Springs is a series of springs that pop out of the ground on the banks of the AuSable river. The water percolates through all the layers of sand above the river and when it reaches the clay layer at the base, it runs horizontally down to the river.















It is so pretty there among the trees with all the rushing water.















There are boardwalks all around the springs with lots of landings so you can look at the various clear pools.















In order to get down to the springs, you have to climb down about a million stairs. They were actually really beautiful stairs, all cut on the diagonal and well maintained.















We saw a lot of fun birds and animals down at the springs. Where the springs join up with the river there is a large marsh and we saw ducks, geese, a swan and lots of huge snails.






























Jed had a lot of fun running on the boardwalks and looking at all the water.










































He has gotten to where he recognizes almost all of the capital letters and we had a good time quizzing him down while he read the signs around the springs.















After we had had our fill of water and boardwalks (and because we all needed to potty) it was time to head back up all those stairs. It was a lot of climbing!















I was sort of hoping that it would help our baby brother decide to come a little sooner, but it didn't. Now, almost a week later, I am thinking we need to go back and try again! I was 39 1/2 weeks in this picture and I can assure you I don't look much different now. Except for maybe a little more tired.















It was a beautiful day and a welcome relief from being cooped up in the house. We have had many beautiful days since then and have gotten a lot done, both in the house and out. Stay turned for more of our adventures!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Lookin' good! I can't believe you survived all those stairs. We've basically been doing nothing for 3 weeks because I'm too tired. Good for you getting out and moving!

breanneryanmurray said...

It is just so beautiful there... I love all your pics around your new home! I can't help but daydream about coming to visit sometime!!