I was soaking some of Jed's old baby clothes in Oxyclean the other day, trying to remove old stains, and decided to get a wooden spoon to stir them around with. I know, it sounds silly, but I hate how slimy the Oxyclean makes my hands feel. Anyway, I was scrounging around for a wooden spoon that I could part with (they all have special jobs, you know) and I decided that maybe it would be okay to get myself a new set of wooden spoons to make up for one being relegated to laundry duties.
Dave happened to be with me at WalMart when I found the set I was looking for and he was sure that the new ones were not made of wood. When I assured him that they were, and in fact were exactly the same as the ones at home, he couldn't believe his eyes.
I admit, it's pretty embarrassing. Or maybe it's awesome, that I have done so much cooking in the last 6 years of marriage that my wooden spoons look this bad. Whatever it is, I am excited to be breaking in a new set.
1 comment:
hahaha too funny :)
Post a Comment