Jed started preschool this month! Here he is on his first day:
I love the look in his eyes--it's a little bit excited, a little bit nervous, a little bit still-sleepy and a little bit mischevious.
Deciding to send him was a big deal for me. Dave had to remind me a million times before Jed actually went that it was the right thing to do for Jed. That Jed needs to learn to socialize with other kids, that he will be able to have more speech therapy through the school, that Jed needs the time away and Hank and I need some one-on-one time... all great reasons but it was still SO difficult for me to be happy about it. However, Jed seems to be doing well. He has had several tearful mornings when I drop him off, but the last two days have been tear-free. And I have been appreciating the hours that we do have at home even more now. Already we have noticed a difference in Jed's attention span (it's longer), his ability to share and play with other children (he actually does it) and his desire to do projects and crafts at home (he follows directions and willingly participates). It's nice to know that my gut feelings and my answers to prayers about how best to help Jed have been correct.
Hank is growing like a weed! Already I have had to put away several items of clothing that are just way too small. I swear, he grows visibly during the day--last week he started out in a onesie that fit perfectly and by the end of the day it was too small.
It is amazing to me how quickly he is changing. Hank has developed quite the cheerful personality. When he is happy, he is INCREDIBLY happy and has the best smiles to prove it. He loves to take baths and have his diaper changed--mostly he likes to be naked, just like Jed.
I have been enjoying the crisp fall mornings while I walk or run with Hank after dropping Jed at school. The leaves are starting to change and the geese are constantly honking as they fly south. Dave is getting more and more excited for snow to fly and he's been busy grooming trails at work in anticipation of the cross-country ski season. Life is busy and good at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment