Yesterday, Jed hung out with Dave at work while I went to parent-teacher conference. He loves the ladies in the office and they love him back. They seem to have a competition going to see who can give Jed the nicest gifts--and the most candy. I knew he would have a great time while he was with them.
When I went to pick him up, he had a birthday hat and candle left over from somebody's birthday. He played with the hat and candle all afternoon. In fact, the candle is now melted into a funny squiggle shape from his warm little hand holding it all the time. He loves the birthday hat and has gotten pretty creative with it:
In case you can't understand it, he first says that he is a penguin. I ask him what kind of penguin he is--happy or sad--and he says he's an angry penguin. Then he says he's a "surprise you penguin." What a funny penguin boy I have!
Oh, and P/T conference was good, and somewhat of a revelation, as it always is, I guess. Jed is doing better about communicating with his teachers and fellow students. Apparently he still whispers quite a bit and is a little shy about making his needs known. Seriously? Jed?! He can recognize numbers 1-10 and about 22 letters in both cases. He likes to sing and is getting much better about playing with other kids instead of just along side them. I am so proud of how far this boy has come in such a short time and so grateful to his teachers for all their help. We have a really great kid on our hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment