Saturday we went down to the Detroit Temple for our branch temple day. I got to do a session with several other sisters in our branch, and my good friend and fellow counselor in the Relief Society took out her endowments. It was so nice to be back at the temple. Dave was so awesome and stayed outside with the boys so I could relax and enjoy the session.
The Detroit Temple is one of the small temples and is on the same ground as one of the stake centers. It is so beautiful!Jed had a good time examining the lights as we walked around the temple grounds.
The boys and I went and touched the temple. The walls were very cold and smooth. It was rainy and a little breezy as we walked outside.
By the time we took this picture, we had had quite the afternoon. It is a sacrifice to travel to the temple, both of time and money. But we are blessed so much when we go. I am glad that we can take the boys with us and I hope that they will grow up with the knowledge that it is important and fun to attend the temple.
1 comment:
That is so great that you got to go to the temple! I got your Christmas card-- I love it! Thanks for sending one to me. This year I decided to opt out of paper cards and just put it on facebook and on my blog. I love reading your blog to stay in touch!
Post a Comment