Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jed's alter-ego

Like most of us, Jed loves the classic Rudoph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie. He knows most of it by heart and will, of course, quote long bits of it at the drop of a hat. The movie has begun influencing a little bit of what he does each day.
 
Last Friday was our branch Christmas party. The table decorations were supposed to be based on a Christmas song, and I was in charge of the Relief Society's table. We did "Jingle Bell Rock," so Jed helped me paint the rocks a few days before the party so they weren't quite so ugly sitting there.
 He really got into it.
This was the first day we'd had the paint out since watching Rudolph, so I was totally surprised by his putting the paint on his nose. After we got done painting our rocks, I put Jed in the tub and let him splash around for a while. He was happy to have his hands, hair and forehead washed, but he was devastated when I scrubbed his nose. I told him we could paint it back on the next day and that satisfied him.
So, right after school, we had to get the paint out and fix him up. To make things a little more fun, we made him some antlers, too.
He likes the antlers pretty well, but what he really loves is pretending to be baby Rudolph. He even makes me lay down and pretends to nurse--at my crotch, because that's where baby Rudolph eats. It's really awkward.
I am not sure why Jed's eyes look so crazy in this picture! I just love the mischevious look on his face.
That head waggle kills me. Such a funny, funny little reindeer we have at our house.

No comments: