Friday, February 22, 2013

a little swim

Jed and I seem to have the creeping crud. Not the full-blown flu, just a nasty, lingering cold. Jed mainly has a rattly cough and I have horrible sinus congestion that makes me dizzy and unable to breathe at all. Dave has been so great and stayed home a bit this week to help me out. Wednesday afternoon we were all bored and needing a change of pace, so we decided to go swimming. I was also feeling hopeful that the warm air in the pool would help me breathe better. It did work for a little while...but we had to leave eventually, and then I was right back to my clogged up, dizzy self.
 
The pool isn't a community pool, but rather at one of the many lakeside resorts. Unlike many others, this one stays open year-round and is happy to allow locals to pay for some time in the pool. I wouldn't call it the nicest pool I've ever been to, but it's warm and wet and not too big, so we'll be happy with it.
 Dave and Hank enjoying the water
 Hank modeling his baby speedo. Mr Universe, here we come!
 Jed is NOT a fan of swimming pools. He definitely prefers the lake, with its gentle entry. He isn't afraid of deep water--he's a little too fearless, I think--but he doesn't like having to plunge right in. He spends all his time sitting on the steps in any swimming pool we go to. And he's perfectly happy there, playing with his cars and splashing.
 About a month ago, I brought Jed and Hank to the pool by myself. It wasn't hard to watch them both in the water, since Jed stayed on the steps, but I realized that I was going to need something to help me keep track of them when summer rolls around and we spend many days at the lake. I found this little floaty seat on Amazon for Hank and was so excited to try it out at the pool.
He loved it and almost went to sleep just hanging out in the water. I am so excited to use it this summer--it is a relief to know that Hank will be able to enjoy the water and I will be able to use both hands to keep track of Jed at the same time. It also has a sun shade that snaps on to keep Hank nice and shady. Definitely one of my better purchases.

It was nice to get out of the house and float around for a little while. I miss being able to go to the lake, and I know Dave and Jed do too. Thank goodness for the pool!

No comments: