Monday, April 22, 2013

enjoying a nice day outside

Last Tuesday it was actually a nice day outside. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and the boys played outside while I cooked lunch on our NEW grill!
 Jed got this little umbrella stroller at Goodwill while my parents were here. He loves having a stroller that is his size that he can careen around with. I love that it is actually big enough to hold Hank, so Jed can get some exercise and entertain Hank at the same time. The fact that it is pink and purple doesn't bother me in the least, and Jed views that as an asset.


 Poor Hank, getting blinded by the sun.
 Jed thinks he should be able to take it up and down the stairs easily, but he hasn't quite figured out how to do so without tipping Hank out yet.

After I got Jed's hot dog and my chicken cooking on the grill, I went inside to cut up some tomatoes for my salad. I opened the kitchen window so I could hear the boys as they played, and for a while, all was well as they ran back and forth. Then suddenly it got quiet. I went outside to check on them and this is what I saw:
 Jed drawing "snakes" on our neighbors' sidewalk. I asked him "Jed, where's Hank? What did you do with him?" Jed replied "He's over there. I am tired of pushing."
Poor Hank! Stashed like unwanted baggage at the end of our neighbors' driveway! The wind was blowing in his face, his ball had fallen on the ground, and he had ripped off one of his socks. He was not very happy. And thus ended the stroller riding for the afternoon. The bliss lasted for about half an hour, so at least that is something!

No comments: