Since I am struggling with these, I thought I'd get this one taken care of early!
This month's recipe is one of my favorite quick-and-easy after-school snacks. My mom would always make this when I was in high school and my sister Hanna and I loved it. I especially love it because there's CHOCOLATE involved, you don't have to bake it, and it's as easy as rice krispy treats.
No-Bake Chocolate Cereal bars
4 cups any type of Cheerios
2 cups other cereal, like Rice Krispies
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 ish cup chocolate chips
ad-ins: approximately 1/2 cup total of your choice of candies or nuts like M&M's, Reese's pieces, butterscotch chips, peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc.
In a large bowl, combine cereals, chocolate chips and other additions. In a saucepan, bring corn syrup to a low boil and then remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir until dissolved. Add vanilla and stir. Pour sauce over cereal, stirring until chocolate melts. Spoon into a greased 9 x 13 pan and let harden.
I used Kix in the batch pictured above (but it wasn't my favorite), my mom recommends Life or Rice Krispies, but Chex would be good too. I am dying to make a batch with Cocoa Puffs and Count Chocula, just for a major chocolate fix. My additions were mini M&M's and Reese's pieces. We LOVE this stuff!
1 comment:
I made these this week and I added in about 2 handfuls of crushed pretzels and they were FANTASTIC! The sweet and salty were a great mix :)
Post a Comment