Monday, December 23, 2013

big boy!

Hank is getting to be such a big boy these days. Here are a few things he's up to lately:
 
Hank LOVES milk. He is always delighted when he gets to hold the carton at dinner time. When it is time for his bottle at naptime or bed, he will shout "ba! ba! Muk!" so delightedly. Sometimes, Dave or I will tell him "let's go to bed!" and he will walk into his room and wait by the bed for us to lift him in, drinking his bottle all the while.


Truly, a deep and abiding love.
 
 
I have made a (very) few hand-made gifts for Christmas and birthdays this year. Hank has become quite interested in the sewing machine and climbs up to sit on the stool when I'm not sitting at it, or begs to come sit on my lap while I am sewing. He is not very good about keeping his little hands out of the way, so he doesn't get to do it very often. Hence the small number of sewn gifts under our tree this year.
 Hank loves to have his picture taken. He is always hamming it up for the camera.
 Hank loves animals and is starting to know their sounds really well. He quacks, snorts and moos very well. He is also starting to hiss like a snake, roar like a lion, cluck like a chicken and meow like a kitty. My very favorite is when he says "doo doo doo!" like a rooster. It is so adorable!
 Dave has also taught him to trumpet like an elephant and he always puts his hand up like this for the elephant's trunk when he does it. It is so cute!

Hank has become quite the talker. He learned to says "fish" while we were at WalMart last time (since no trip is complete without a few minutes gazing at the fish tanks there). He says "zsish" and it just fills me with pride. The best was when I said "okay, it's time to go. Boys, say goodbye to the fish." Jed said his goodbyes and as we turned to leave, Hank says "buh bye zsish." You could have knocked me over with a feather! He also says "buh bye derder" when we drop Jed off at school, "buh" when we pick Jed up from the bus, "ba" when he steals the bulbs off the tree, and "beah" any time he finds his teddy bear. I am so pleased with his verbal progress, especially since he has had a few ear infections this fall/winter and we have been worried about a repeat of Jed's issues. Thankfully Hank seems to be dodging that bullet.
Hank wants to be outside whenever Dave or Jed go out. I sometimes feel like the poor mom on A Christmas Story, wrestling Jed and Hank into all their winter wear. One morning, Dave left early for work and I had to stuff the boys into all their gear and start and scrape the Rodeo all by myself (I know, poor me). I was quite stressed because we were running late, and I was trying to hurry, hurry, hurry. Jed looked at my red face after I had finally managed to stuff he and Hank in their gear and said "mommy, you are so sweaty!" Jed is usually good about putting on his snow pants, boots and coat by himself, but there is still lots of tucking that must be done so snow can't touch skin. Hank is also pretty good about allowing himself to be dressed and helping as much as possible. He will put his arms in his coat sleeves and poke his thumb out so his mittens go on easily. He loves his snow boots and will often bring them to me so he can clomp around. I am so glad he is walking and can enjoy the snow!

No comments: