Wednesday, January 8, 2014

a little of Christmas morning

Well, once again I am a bit behind. I thought you would enjoy seeing a little bit of our Christmas morning. We were really good about taking photos of the stockings and Santa presents, but once we dove under the tree, it was a little harder to document everything. 
 I tried really hard but was unable to beat Jed down the stairs so I could have a photo of his face when he saw the presents and the stockings all full. I wish this picture was a little lighter--he was SO EXCITED!
 and immediately dumped out his whole stocking so he could examine everything. 
 Both the boys (and Daddy) enjoying the spoils of the day. 
 Jed received a silver Francisco Bernoulli car from Santa (from the movie Cars 2) and Hank got two different cars. Jed had to look them over and make sure they were the real deal.
 As quick as a wink, Hank popped a piece of candy in his mouth. A few minutes later I saw him working on something and reached in to find that no one had unwrapped the candy for him, and he was just sucking the chocolate out of the wrapper. Delicious!
Even on Christmas, I can't just let candy and peanuts roll around on the floor!
 I am not sure what we are looking at in this picture, but I love how we have the same expression on our faces.
 Santa brought Jed a fun train set. We have had such a good time putting the tracks together and playing. The boys were quite excited to discover that the tracks are the perfect width for the cars to drive on as well, so we have had many races lately.
 Hank with a cute little stuffed reindeer. 
 This was probably the cutest thing that happened all day. Jed helped me pick out this meowy kitty to give to Hank. The second he tore the paper off, Hank was desperate to have the kitty in his hands. When Dave finally got it all free of the box and the paper, Hank was beside himself with glee. He loves to hold on to the feet, which move when you pet the kitty and make it meow.
                                       The kitty also came with a crown, which Jed loves to wear. 

We had a fabulous Christmas and really enjoyed the day. We were able to skype with several family members and also had the Elders over for part of the day. It was a lovely Christmas, slow and easy and simple, just like we like it. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!

No comments: