We were so glad to be home from our trip! Especially Jed, who had been missing Jeremy after saying goodbye to his cousins. It was so bittersweet to see them playing, since Jeremy's family was moving away that weekend. Jeremy's dad got a new job "downstate," as people say here, and had been working there for several months. The house they had decided to rent there was finished being renovated, and since school was almost over, they decided to just go. I am really happy for my neighbor Hope to have her own home (she, Big Jeremy (Jeremy's dad) and Jeremy have lived with Big Jeremy's parents (Chuck and Patty) since before Jeremy was born, and I was happy for Jeremy to be back with his dad. But I was SO sad for us. We LOVE Chuck, Patty, Big Jeremy, Hope and Jeremy and couldn't have asked for better neighbors. Jeremy and Jed were so good for each other and played so well together. They loved to go poke around on the hill behind our house, to ride bikes together, just to be BOYS together and have fun. They were pretty good about keeping each other out of trouble, too.
The boys had so much fun helping Dave get the garden boxes turned over on Thursday afternoon. Jeremy loves to help with any little chore and is a good example for Jed.
The boys were THRILLED with all the wiggly worms they found in the dirt. They played out there for several hours.
The boys also played together almost all day Saturday, staying out of the way of the moving truck. Finally Saturday night it was past time for Jed to go to bed, and we told Jed to say goodbye to Jeremy. I know they have only a small understanding of what moving is all about, so they thought it was pretty strange when we asked them to pose for pictures and give each other a squeeze. And a little while after Jed was in bed, the moving truck pulled away. I am so sad for us all--I know Hope and I will miss the entertainment the boys provided for each other last summer, and we will miss being able to rely on our great neighbors for anything. Hank loved to play with Miss Hope and she loved him right back. Such a sad way to start out the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment