Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Grandma Loretta's house

Hanna and Stephen had planned on spending the weekend after the funeral in Moab. It just so happened that the boys and I weren't flying out from Utah until Monday, and then it worked out perfectly that Dave was done with his work detail on Thursday evening. So, Hanna quickly called and got another cabin at the campground where they were staying so we could all hang out in Moab for a few days. My parents and Jed (who does NOT enjoy being with SJ in the car when he cries--which is not very often, but Jed is sensitive) drove to Utah on Thursday and met up with Dave while Hanna and I and the little boys stayed in Colorado with Papa. Friday, Hanna and I and the little boys drove to Moab from Colorado and my mom, Dave, and Jed drove down to Moab from Spanish Fork. Stephen met us there from Grand Junction, where he'd been working after attending the funeral. Whew! Got all that?
 Hanna and I stopped at a park in Durango, CO for lunch. We ate our Wendy's while SJ nursed, and then Hank and SJ burned off some energy in the park.
 I get such a kick out of SJ's lower lip. He makes the cutest faces!

Grandma Loretta and Grandpa Denny graciously invited us all over for dinner on Friday night. We had delicious pizza and salad and the boys tore the house apart while we ate. It was so good to see my grandparents for a little while!
 SJ took an instant liking to his uncle Dave, who fed him a pizza crust. What a good uncle!
 We also went to see Grandma Loretta and Grandpa Denny on Sunday morning before we left Moab. They fed us a lovely breakfast and gave us many marvelous presents! It was so nice to sit and talk for a little while.
 Jed had fun laying on Grandma's bed playing with the money in her piggy bank, just like I used to when I was a little girl.
 We also got a few family pictures. The boys and I, Hanna and SJ, Nana and Grandma Loretta.
 Stephen, Hanna and SJ
 Me, Hank, Dave, Jed. Don't look too closely--I had to shower in a shower filled with bugs at the campground, Dave refused to shower on account of the bugs, and the boys hadn't had a real bath in 3 days--swimming in the pool doesn't count.
 My wonderful grandparents--knowledgeable and kind Grandpa Denny, and generous and beautiful Grandma Loretta. It has been forever since I have seen them and it was so great to finally be together again!
Right as we were leaving, SJ fell asleep with his thumb in his mouth. What a sweet boy! 

Thanks again for having us, Grandma Loretta and Grandpa Denny! It was so wonderful to see you!

No comments: