Dave discovered a fun sand pit on his ski trips to work last winter. This fall, after Dave comes home from work and Jed gets off the bus, Dave and the boys (and sometimes I) will go over to the sand pit to blow off some steam. The boys come home absolutely full of sand, but also with glowing cheeks and shining eyes, and it's lots of fun for everyone.
They love to slide down the hill or roll down it. Jed likes to jump off and then crawl around, pretending to be a sea turtle.
What a cute turtle crawling along!
We found some really cool tracks at the sand pit last time we were there. I think they are skunk tracks, since the feet are different from a racoon. In this one you can see the impression of his tail really well behind that back paw print. Isn't it amazing how well these tracks show up in the sand? So beautiful!
I know I complain sometimes about where we live. The yard isn't ideal, we desperately need a garage, it's not very private, the HOA is incredibly obnoxious. But we are also really lucky to have fun things like the hill, the sand pit, and the river nearby to enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment