Thursday she came with Hank and I to a Mothers of Pre-Schoolers meeting and then we hung out the rest of the day. Friday, we looked over all my house plants and assessed their needs, since Amanda is a house-plant-whisperer. After we had a list compiled of what we needed to buy to help them, we went to the store and did some birding on the way. It was pretty cold and windy, but we managed to see several different types of ducks, and a surprising white-breasted nuthatch. The boys loved looking through their binoculars and consulting the field guide with Amanda and I. After our birding, we enjoyed lunch uptown and bought our plant supplies and then came home to doctor the plants and eat pizza for dinner.
Saturday was our branch Temple day. Amanda was an amazing sport and rode the whole way down with us in the backseat of the car, crammed in with the boys. She watched them at the stake center so Dave and I could actually do a session together!
It was a chilly day at the temple but we had such a great time!
I am so grateful for Amanda Jean! She has always been such a good friend and support to me. Even when we've been far apart geographically, whenever we get a chance to talk, it's like we've never been apart at all. This trip was no exception--we had so much fun and stayed up waaaayy too late each night talking!After church and naps on Sunday, we went to Iargo Springs to climb down the stairs and see what birds we could see on the water. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. And thanks to Amanda for these next pictures--she always takes such beautiful ones!
The AuSable river, mostly frozen
The boys getting ready to head down the stairs to the springs.
Jed led the whole way down the stairs! They were a little icy and snowy, but that didn't deter Jed at all--he ran right down like a little mountain goat.
So. Many. Stairs!
A beautiful panorama of part of the river. Iargo Springs sits at a curve in the river, so there is usually a little patch of water where the springs and the river meet. It is always fun to see what ducks are poking around down there.A pair of swans arrived at the water about the same time we did! I love listening to them honk to each other. They sound like a junior high trumpet section.
I never get tired of swans, no matter how many times I've seen them. They are always interesting, with their graceful necks.
one pair of love birds
and another! (sorry, that was really cheesy)
Just watching the swans and Goldeneye (the small ducks you can see in some of these photos). I know, I am super glamorous with my glasses on my head. I've never liked the way it feels to put binoculars up to my glasses, but thankfully my binoculars are powerful enough to make up for what my naked eyes lack.
Jed loves to watch with us!
twue wove
Sweet, sweet Hankers. How I love this little boy!
And special thanks to Amanda for a great shot of our family in such a beautiful place!
Monday, Hank and I took Auntie Amanda back to the airport. We were all SO sad to see her go. It was such a good visit and we'll definitely have to have another one soon--another 9 years is way too long to wait!


No comments:
Post a Comment