Monday, January 5, 2009

more pics of.... Jed!

Hello from all of us! Sorry I haven't posted for a while--we have been hunkered down in our cozy apartment, enjoying Jed and being lazy. Dave is done with work and we are all enjoying the time together.

Jed is becoming such a person! It is so fun to watch his personality develop. He is a really good-natured boy, hardly ever cries (knock on wood) and sleeping a good deal still. We had our two-week doctor's visit today and he now weighs 8 lbs 7 oz and is 21 and 3/4 inches long. Our boy is growing! His cord stump fell off on Saturday and we can start giving him real baths--I am so excited. It will be so fun to see how he likes the water.


doesn't he look so cute?

Jed is so comfy on Aunt Hanna's knee

snuggly in his crib

we thought Jed looked a little like a strumpet with his knee up like this--cute boy!
Curly Boy
Jed's hair is going curly! I am so excited--I love Dave's curly hair and I really wanted Jed's to be curly. Right now it is just curly when wet, but it has started staying curly longer, so I have high hopes.

More curls

This is a better picture of the curls
Jed's funny faces


Sometimes I think Jed is destined to be a professor of philosophy--he is so funny with his hands and the way he puts them.



Honor Code, shmonor Code :)

He's eyeing the bars on the crib like "I am breaking out of here ASAP." Actually he really likes his crib, I promise.

I love this look on his face.

"no, don't make me wake up!"

He does this all the time. Dave and I love this look--it is so cute!
Dave and Jed
Dave is the best bath-giver. Jed loves to have his dad give him baths because it is so relaxing.

Dave is also really good at diapering and he is working on getting the legs tight enough on our cloth diapers so that Jed doesn't have blow-outs. He is MUCH better than he was the fourth day, believe me. We hardly ever have leaks now!

Jed loves playing the Touch Nose game

Yeah, Dad!

Lemon Meringue Pie

Don't hate us, but even though we have a new baby, we still have the energy to experiment. I had never made a meringue before, and we decided to make one yesterday. Even if I do say so myself, it was FABULOUS. The meringue was so yummy and the lemon was delicious. We had the last of it for breakfast and it was so good. Mmmmmm.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

It looks and sounds like you are really enjoying motherhood. Not that I thought you wouldn't. It really is so fun to see your children reach milestones and do cut little things. As they get older so does the joy and fun times. Enjoy this age, they are so precious!

Tara said...

I love the pics!

carolee said...

congrats Holly!