Tuesday, December 30, 2008

10 days old

First, let me preface this with an apology. I was totally unprepared to blog today and didn't bring my camera with me, so no pictures. You'll just have to imagine how cute Jed is getting.

I can't believe that Jed is 10 days old! He is doing so great. We had to go back to the hospital today for his 2nd found of PKU testing. The state of Idaho requires metabolic screening for all new babies, and the results can tell you if your baby has any genetic diseases. It is a great idea and I am glad we're doing it, but I hate to see his little foot get poked. He was completely unprepared for what was going to happen and cried pretty hard while the nurse squeezed his foot. But afterwards he calmed right down and went back to sleep.

Jed has also become a little lizard. He is shedding skin everywhere! I know he has to get rid of his natal skin and into his second "coat" but it is a little disconcerting to look down and see his eyelid skin peeling away. It kinda looks like his mom doesn't wash his face often enough, but I promise I try!

I was definitely not prepared for Dave to go back to work this week. Yesterday was a lot more exhausting than I thought it would be--I had to rinse out dirty diapers myself, fold tons of laundry alone, wash and rinse the dishes, on and on. (I know, whine, whine, whine) It really made me realize how much Dave does around our house and how I depend on him. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband who takes such good care of me and Jed. Both Dave and I have mixed feelings about his job with BYU-I maintenance ending--we know the money would be nice until we move, but we are so anxious to have him home all the time. Dave misses the time with Jed during the day but makes up for it by giving him his bath at night. It is so cute to watch them together. Jed loves his dad and gets so excited when they're together.

Sorry this is such a short post, and I promise more pictures soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments: