Tuesday night my grandparents (who just got back from their mission to the Manila Temple) along with my Aunt Carol, cousin Nate and his daughter Becky Rae stayed with us on their way back to Colorado. It was so good to see my Papa and Grandma Donna--We have missed them so much while they were serving in the Phillippines! They brought us some awesome presents, along with the most beautiful blanket for Jed. It's hanging on the wall above his crib now. It was also fun to watch Becky around Jed--she had never seen anyone nurse before and she was INCREDIBLY curious about what was going on under that blanket. It was really cute. Here are some pictures of Jed with my Grandma Donna and Papa:
Wednesday we were basically bums--me more than Dave, who fixed my mom's dishwasher and made sure the front door was sealing better so the house wouldn't be so drafty. I did help my mom with some cloth grocery bags (slowly I'm winning everyone over) which I'll show you on another post because I LOVE the fabric. My mom and Jed started playing the cutest game--I am not sure exactly what she does, but she stretches his arms above his head and shakes them as she brings them down, and Jed loves it. He squeals and grins and absolutely has the best time. It is so cute to watch them play! Here's Jed with his Nonna and with a big grin on his face after their game:
Thursday Dave and I had a chance to go to the Provo temple. I always get lost inside--maybe because of the way it's set up. Anyway, it was great to be able to leave Jed with my mom for a while and go to the temple. Afterwards we had an early Valentine's lunch at the Brick Oven. Dave had never eaten there before and it was so delicious.
Friday we went on the town and did some much-needed shopping. We stopped by Costco to get some diapers and wipes. I can't believe how expensive they were! I am grateful every day that we've decided to do cloth diapers for so many reasons. We do disposables at night or when we travel and even that is pricey. Anyway, the huge box we bought should last us quite a while. Friday night my Auntie Paula, Uncle Shane and cousins Lauren, Maggie and Jaxon came over for dinner. Jax is 8 months old and he was totally enthralled with Jed--he wanted to poke him and taste him and crawl all over him. It was so cute to watch him and think that in the blink of an eye, Jed will be that big. My Auntie also brought us a ton of super-cute clothes for Jed and we had a great time looking through them all. Jed is the best-dressed guy I know, thanks to my Auntie Paula and Jax.
Saturday we woke to a gorgeous snowfall, took a walk and just relaxed til it was time to come home. We took the time to take a few family pictures (just of our little family, since my sister Hanna was gone to the state swim meet) and I thought they turned out pretty good:
Sunday we put Jed in one of his new outfits for church. Here's he and Dave looking very dapper in their stripey shirts:
I love the look on Jed's face. Better get used to lots of pictures, buddy, cause there's gonna be more! Anyway, we had such a good trip to Utah. It was so fun to watch my dad and Jed bond--Jed loves his grandpa's voice and always looked so interested in what he had to say. It was so great to see the fam and take a little rest from the daily grind!
1 comment:
Jed looks like a little mini-Dave in that last picture! (Except for the neck beard... he'll have to grow up a little more first..)
Can't wait to see you all next weekend!!!!
Post a Comment