Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What are your Joys of Womanhood?

So I have been called to be the Laurels advisor in our ward. I am excited about working with the girls and getting to work with the rest of the Young Women leaders. I am also thrilled about preparing the lessons. I know that seems really funny, but it's true. I always feel like I gain so much from preparing a lesson--more than I ever am able to pass along to the people I'm teaching. I don't know if I am really qualified to teach the Laurels, but I'll give it a good old college try, anyway.

My lesson this week is on the Joys of Womanhood. I was wondering if those of you who feel so inclined would leave me a comment on what you feel are the joys of womanhood. I have my own ideas on the joys of womanhood, but I would love to get some other feedback. Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, our YW president pointed me to an awesome website for help with lesson preparation. It is called SugarDoodle.net and it is FANTASTIC. It has tons of helps & handouts for Relief Society, Primary and Young Womens, plus recipes and LDS clip-art. I have included a button that is a link to the website at the bottom of my sidebar--check it out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Given your audience age group and (as the subject implies) gender, some of my ideas of the joys of womanhood are as follows:

1. Free stuff on dates.
2. Getting out of traffic tickets using only your eyebrows.
3. No receding hairlines.
4. Always right, even when wrong.
5. Free stuff on dates.
6. Doors opened for you.
7. Communication is more effective and comprehensive than a raise of the eyebrows and a "Sup man?"
8. Free stuff on dates.
9. The opposite sex can be easily manipulated with your eyes. Easily. Providing you with more free stuff.
10. Free stuff on dates.

Hope that helps Holly.

Your brilliant friend, Brett.

Sylvia said...

Read the visiting teaching lesson for this month. I think there are some great quotes.