Monday, June 8, 2009

New Tricks + Birthday Wishes for my Hanna

Jed just keeps growing and getting stronger. Lately his newest trick is to try to stand for increasing lengths of time. He loves to lean on the couch or on his crib (he can't stand himself up; we have to do it for him) and talk to us.

Jed also yammers and gibbers all the time now. I think he's telling Dave he wants to get out of him bed right here.

Dave's typical work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday. This past Saturday he spent all day in the pouring rain working with the Forest Service horses. A fun, exhausting day. After he had showered and changed clothes, he laid down on the floor and fell asleep immediately. Poor tired Dave!

Yesterday for a Sunday treat we were watching "March of the Penguins." I didn't think Jed would care too much, but he loved the penguins. He was absolutely enthralled.


My sister Hanna is 19 years old today! Hanna is the best sister a girl could ask for. She's always been my partner in crime, whether it's been playing dress-up, floating barbies down our ditch, watching "Anne of Green Gables" a million times over, singing "I'm getting married in the morning" the night before my wedding, shoveling out our driveway (and getting stuck in the process) when Jed was born or teaching me how to use Facebook. I love my Hanna! She is the best sister ever, truly one of my very best friends. I hope we'll always be as close as we are now. Happy Birthday, sweet sis!

No comments: