Friday, June 5, 2009

A Productive Day

Dave was off yesterday and the weather was beautiful, so we decided we'd better get our garden planted. I love our garden spot--nary a rock or weed in sight (for now). Here's the garden with the rows ready for planting:

Here's my tomato, pepper and other starts. That box is also where I'm going to plant the tomatoes, peppers and zucchini.

Dave fixing the fence that surrounds our garden. There is a little rabbit that lives in our neighborhood and travels from yard to yard. Like Mrs. MacGregor, I won't hesitate to put him in a pie if he finds his way into our garden!

Planting some onion sets:

Just got done planting my sweet peas and onion sets and I'm ready to start on the carrots.

The finished product, currently. I need to plant more corn and it's still a little cold for my squash, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes and peppers. I let them sit outside during the day and bring them into the garage at night.

Here's Jed having a merry time in his stroller, watching Dave and I work. We got tired of running all the way around the fence to get his rattle every time Jed threw it, so Dave tied it to the stroller. After that, Jed had a great time with the string but didn't really care for his rattle!

His hat is beginning to remind me of the ones on The Flying Nun.

I don't usually put Jed in t-shirts because they ride up and I constantly have to pull them down. Jed loves to play with his clothes while he's getting his diaper changed, and seemed surprised that this shirt came up as easily as it did. Since this shirt just came out of the too-big box, he's giving it a thorough once-over:

"Oh, hey, Mom. I wasn't doing anything, just laying here!"

All in all, we had a really great day. Got tons of seeds in the ground and beat the rain by a good hour. It rained for two hours pretty hard afterwards, which meant that we didn't have to turn on the sprinklers. Yay! My mouth is watering already for all our yummy veggies!

1 comment:

Katie Groneman said...

Wow, Holly, you're so ambitious. I wish I was as cool as you!