Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Garden Progress

The warm weather and plentiful sunshine have been great for our garden. We are so lucky to be able to have such a good spot that grows so well. We have had a lot of weeds, but I guess that means we have good dirt, right?

Our tomato patch/flower garden. When I was weeding the other day, I was happy to discover a lot of volunteer marigold plants, which are great at keeping pests at bay. Hooray!

Carrots, beets, beans and potatoes are all doing well

Our zucchini plant has 3 little guys growing!


Our tomatoes are doing so well. Altogether we have 9 plants--8 that I planted and a mysterious volunteer that showed up. I don't know if it will have any tomatoes, but it was a great surprise.

Mmm, cilantro!

We've already harvested quite a bit of lettuce and need to harvest more. We planted it in a great shady spot and the shade helps it stay sweet.

I swear, the corn grows over night. It's doing so good!

Lovely little green onions. I can't wait until they're ready!

One of the many blossoms on my potatoes

Pea tendrils curling around supporting chicken wire.
*
The garden definitely keeps us busy, but it is certainly worth it. Everything is doing well and I am hoping for a bounteous harvest.

1 comment:

marshall said...

you garden is doing so great!! Wish I had your green thumb. Ours is doing okay too. Not as good as yours though.