Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the blahs

Maybe it is the snow today, or the fact that I had to turn the heater on and I'm bothered because running the heater costs money. (yes, Mom, I remember those days when you said 65 in the house was fine and we used to get mad. And I'm sorry. Really.) But I am having a major case of the blahs. I don't want to clean my bathroom, I don't want to do this morning's dishes (yes, I know it's 4:10 in the afternoon), I don't want to do anything but surf the net. So, here's me pretending I'm doing something productive by blogging.

I was goofing around with Jed, taking some pictures. I guess I should look at the expression on my kid's face before I take a picture, right? :)

don't say a word about the bags under my eyes!

Jed loves the lights in our house.

Cute boy loves standing on the couch.

Because I turned on the heater, my inner Scrooge rebelled and decided that the dryer was an extravagance. I rigged myself an indoor clothesline and hung things up to dry. Hopefully they'll be dry by sometime next week.

Jed loves our washer. He loves to hang out in front of it and watch the clothes spin around as they're being washed. He also loves to stand up on it and bang away when it's empty.

He would giggle and laugh so hard as I was trying to take these pictures and videos, but I couldn't get him to do it when the camera was rolling. Figures.





Jed and I just went out to get the mail and it was great. I still have the blahs, but I came back invigorated by the cool air and melting snow and general fallishness. It is good for me to get outside, even if it is cold and think fall thoughts. Maybe, possibly, I'll be motivated to get something done. Or...we'll have some sort of lazy-day dinner.

No comments: