Just put your veggies in boiling water and let boil the required amount of time. For green beans, it's 3 minutes. For corn, 5-6.
Then immediately immerse them in cold water. This stops the cooking process and keeps them fresh.
Next I cut my corn off the cobs. This took a while.
Six cups of corn! Holy cow! I didn't think our little cobs would produce this much, so I'm so pleasantly surprised. Now I'm a little worried about having room in the freezer...it's SO full already.
naked cobs
corn laid out on a cookie sheet to be frozen. Then I'll put it into a gallon freezer bag, and we'll have garden corn in December...if it lasts that long.
Jed likes to hang out on the counters and "help." Mostly what he really does is try to eat whatever's in the compost bowl and banging on the jars with whatever toy I've given him. But it works!
1 comment:
I didn't know that you could do that. I will have to remember that next year.
Post a Comment