Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Enjoy

I have been thinking about my life lately, as I was reading a favorite blog of mine. You can find it here. It is time for me to do things a little different. It is time for me to enjoy my life more--and to let you know it.

I love my life. But I have spent that last little while down in the dumps, for some silly reason. And that is foolish of me. Because my life is so wonderful. I have the most fabulous husband on earth. I have the most beautiful little boy who brings light into my heart every day. I get to do exactly what I want to do every day. It's magic.

Even with all of this, I have been feeling sorry for myself. Sorry because I don't wear a certain pants size, sorry because I have this crazy cupboard that is messy and you have to be careful when you open the door, sorry because our life is so up in the air and our belongings are scattered over a couple of states, sorry because I have a crappy camera, sorry because I am not more productive.

It's time for me to make the changes I need to so I can stop feeling this way. Some things I cannot control, but I can control how I look at and feel about them. So, this is my Fall Resolution. To enjoy it more. Every single solitary thing about my life. Enjoy the cool air as Jed and I walk in the mornings. Enjoy not knowing what is going to fall out on me when I open that cupboard. Enjoy the fact that people I love have places to keep my stuff. Enjoy dorky pictures. Enjoy not getting things done some times. Enjoy being the best wife and mama I can be, because these men deserve it.

I know this isn't the kind of thing I usually post here. But, I'm hoping that in the future I can use each post on this blog to show you how I'm keeping my Fall Resolution. So, enjoy your fabulous life...and I will too.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I totally relate to what you are saying and feeling. I think every mother gets that way at one time or another and sometimes more often then you would like. Best of luck with your fall resolution!