I am a big fan of our house. It is pretty cute. The walls definitely need paint (yeah, Dave is thrilled) and the back door has a hole "big enough to throw a cat through," but it is a great house all the same. I have tried for three days to take a picture of the exterior of our house but have been thwarted by freezing cold and snow, so you'll have to wait. Here's the interior:
half of my lovely kitchen. My only beef? Carpet on the floor. Who does that?
Yeah, dirty already.
The dining room
When we got here, we were delighted to discover that someone had left a piano behind. It needs tuning, some keys replaced and refinishing, but I am so excited that we have it! Finally!
Here's our bedroom. When we moved in, all the lights in the house were terribly dim, especially in our room. Dave kept calling it the "boudoir." Thankfully, we discovered that the light switches all have dimmers on them, so we don't have to stumble around in the dark--or buy 15 new light bulbs!
Jed's bedroom
And, the living room. We love that there are lots of windows that provide a lot of light. Our house is so cheerful!
*
During Thanksgiving, Jed practiced going up the stairs at Nana and Grandpa Monte's house every day. He got really good and now he pulls himself up on everything. He likes to get up on the changing table and pull off all the freshly-folded diapers. He likes to lean against the windows and watch our neighbors' dogs. He really likes to pull up on empty tubs and push them around. His absolute favorite thing to pull up on is the bars of his crib--naptime is practically nonexistent now. When I think that I used to worry, just a couple of weeks ago, about his never being able to pull himself up... Sigh.
Tonight we are decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music. I am so excited for Christmas! Jed was especially excited about the popcorn we are stringing onto a garland. I think he has eaten more than we've strung! It's a good thing he went to bed, or our garland wouldn't be very successful.
*
One more funny story for you before I sign off tonight: In our old ward, several women--my visiting teachers, a single gal and one of my good friends--confessed to me that they think Dave is pretty cute. I used to tease him about being the "ward hottie." Yesterday in Relief Society, I stood up and introduced myself and said "the men you saw me with are my husband, Dave, and our sweet boy Jed." One lady said "what a cutie!" and another lady said "The son or the husband?!" Poor Dave, he can't ever get away from his admiring public. Aren't I lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment