I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am grateful that I understand the Plan of Salvation and that I am sealed in the Temple to my family. I am grateful that the gospel never changes, no matter how many wards you've been in. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve others and to receive service. I am so grateful for the good friends we made in the Dillon ward. How we will miss them! I am so grateful for the Atonement of the Savior, that through His sacrifice I can be made clean and be forgiven of my sins.
I am grateful for my family. I am so lucky to be married to Dave. He is my best friend, my confidant, my life coach. I never imagined I could be married to someone that wonderful. He makes me laugh, he makes me feel safe, he is the best daddy ever. We are so lucky to have Jed. This year has been the best year of my life. Sometimes I have been so terrified or frustrated, but it has helped me realize more than ever that I am not perfect and that I need help. When I hold Jed and we laugh and sing, I get shivers because I love him so much. Having him is the best thing I have ever done. I am grateful for my parents and my sister Hanna. We have such good times--camping, working in the yard and garden, playing games, fishing at the lake--and I have learned everything important from my parents. I am so grateful for Dave's family. I am grateful that they would let us live with them and the fun times we have. I love Dave's siblings and am glad that they're mine too.
I am so grateful for my friends, old and new. I am grateful for their good examples and their listening ears. I am grateful for all the fun times, all the phone conversations. I am grateful that we keep in touch and still understand each other.
I am grateful for my talents and skills. I am grateful that I have an education, that I can read and write. I am grateful that I got to go to college, to travel, to live! I'm grateful that I am happy with my life. I'm grateful that I have goals and dreams and things I still want to learn.
I am grateful for the future. I am grateful that we have options and choices and goals. I am grateful that we have moved to Montpelier and I am looking forward to meeting new friends there. I am looking forward to watching Jed grow and develop even more skills. I am looking forward to growing more in the gospel.
I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your holidays and I'll be back, coming to you from a new location, in December!
No comments:
Post a Comment