Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Painting, part II

Ta-Da!! The finished product:

our living room



the dining room

I love, love, LOVE the red and yellow. The brown is a little different than I expected it to be but it is so warm and cozy and looks great against the white trim and the other walls. Painting is always aduous but worth it. It amazes me the difference a little coat of paint will make.

5 comments:

Tara said...

beautiful!! seriously! it looks so comfortable and homey! can i come stay? ;-)

Roundy Family said...

It looks great Holly!! I wish that I could paint my house, it would make it look so much better. Good Job though!

Holly said...

Tara, come stay any time! I miss you! When are you going to be blogging again?

Katie Groneman said...

Is the brown kind of stripey? Maybe it's just the picture, or this brain of mine - it has a mind of its own. If it is, how did you do that?

Holly said...

looking at it, the brown in the living room IS kinda stripey. But we didn't do anything special. The wall is textured in these wooshy waves. The way the paint is laying in the grooves is what gives it the stripes...I think. :)