Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Big News

Many of you may already know, but for those of you that don't, here's some clues to what our big news is about:

I will always be a loyal Broncos fan, but this has to go here anyway


Yes! It's true! We're moving to Texas! It has been a spiritually uplifting, strenuous month of faith, fasting and prayer as Dave interviewed and we waited impatiently to hear back from the Davey Crockett National Forest in Ratcliff, Texas. And today, we got our answer! Dave is going to be the Rec Tech on the forest. Now the craziness really begins.

This is a map of where Kennard/Ratcliff is. The FS office is in Ratcliff but the towns are so close that Kennard (ken-AAAARD) is what comes up on the map. We're 100 miles NE of Houston and 150ish miles SE of Dallas. From the research we've done, we've learned that they get about 35 inches of rain a year, have lots of trees and birds and that it's very green. I am so excited to go there and grow a garden!
*
Our plans are pretty up in the air but Dave and I are going to go next week to look for housing, then come back and pack up and drive cross-country to our new home. We are looking forward to the vacation and seeing some new country.
*
We are so excited to go and yet so sad to leave. I truly do love Montpelier and the friends we've made here. I love this little town where everyone waves and you can leave your doors unlocked when you go to the store. It has been a good winter for us and again I've been reminded that the Lord always watches out for us and knows what is best for us.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Holly, I am so, SO excited for you!!! And so happy that you had your prayers answered...the Lord really does watch out for us. :)

Garlick said...

How exciting! You'll love Texas! It's a very different culture, but it sure is great! We are in San Antonio so if you ever want to come visit feel free.

danielle said...

That's exciting!! Sometimes I think that we might end up there and i've been a little nervous about it, but if that's where we need to be, then that's where we'll go. Good Luck and enjoy the warm weather!

Amber said...

I'm so sad, I won't lie. I'm glad Dave got a job and that you're excited, but I'll miss you. I'm glad we live in the world of internet so we can keep in touch.

Sylvia said...

What an adventure! I am excited for you and your family. Good luck with the move and getting settled! Enjoy Texas, the people there are super proud of their state. At least they were in San Antonio. Good Luck!