Monday, March 8, 2010

boy, kitty, bird

Since I haven't been very good about putting pictures of Jed on here lately, there are lots today.

Jed is turning into such a boy lately, instead of a baby, and it is so fun to watch his personality develop. Jed wants to be just like Dave and it is so adorable. He no longer drinks willingly from his sippy cup, especially at meals, because that's not what Daddy does. Hopefully this will translate into an easy potty-training experience...

Here's Jed on Saturday, upset because we want him to stand up. Even though Jed is growing in many ways, he still doesn't want anything to do with walking!

hanging out in the truck on our way to Logan. He has his vest on, just like Daddy.

Jed and I having a serious conversation today. I love our sweet "chats." Today Jed was so tired and he fell asleep on my lap while I was on the phone. After I hung up, I just sat and held him for a while. I feel very lucky to have gotten some snuggle time today, since I don't normally get it when he's awake!
*
For Valentine's Day, my grandma Loretta sent Jed a card and some chocolate. Jed instantly devoured the chocolate (and part of the wrapper), but his favorite part of the present continues to be the card. He loves the kitty's big eyes and will hold it and look at it for the longest time. If you catch him in a good mood, he'll even say something that sounds like "kitty."



Jed is very interested in our camera. He loves to look at himself on the screen, pull on the strap and try to eat the lens cap. His favorite thing is to watch himself on video. Here is a little movie I took tonight after dinner just for him but I thought it should go on here, since it's so cute.
Finally, today Dave was working in the office downstairs when he heard a scratchy noise coming from the pipe that goes from our chimney to the water heater (it vents there, I guess). He came and got me and we banged on the pipe and tried to decide what could be in the pipe. We were guessing a bird or a bat. We found an old pillowcase to put whatever it was in and Dave fearlessly unhooked the pipe and slipped the pillowcase over the end, then we carried it outside to release whatever the creature was. And here's the great release:

Sorry this is such a random assortment of our crazy life!

No comments: