As I write, we are having a terriffic rain storm. It is supposed to turn into hail and crazy wind later tonight. Dave and I just covered our tomatoes and peppers; hopefully the hail won't be bad and they'll be spared. As we were racing around with sheets, clothes-pins and stakes, Dave said "I never thought we'd be covering our tomatoes in Texas!"
Tonight after his bath, Jed was racing around with Dave and accidentally stepped on a post-it note:
Jed has always been good about going to bed. Just bathe him and dress him and put him in his crib. So he has surprised me the past few nights by actually wanting to be rocked. I love that he wants to be near me (even if he's only trying to prolong the inevitable). It is so nice to settle in the chair, to feel his little body relax into mine, to talk about the day and scratch his back.
We are finally getting into a routine. Dave goes to work; Jed and I eat and play and do chores and eat and nap; Dave comes home and we all eat and play together. I have to say that I was very reluctant to have Dave go back to work. It sounds silly; we were so happy for this job. But I had gotten so used to having my husband work from home, used to having him there to distract Jed when I needed to make lunch, used to going on adventures whenever we pleased. The first week was incredibly difficult--Jed would wander from room to room, looking for Dadada and wailing if I happened to leave him behind as I gathered laundry or cleaned. (Knock on wood) this week has been better. Jed is more relaxed, I am less frazzled, Dave is enjoying work.
We are so lucky to be here.
1 comment:
wow, I am so jealous of the rain! I totally understand about having Dave home - that is how I feel about Dustin and his job - so grateful to have it, but I miss all the time we had with him!
Post a Comment