Tuesday, April 27, 2010

up already

You've all seen those commericals advertising vacations in Texas. They all end with "Everything's better in Texas." I was always skeptical. I'd think "Everything? Truly? It can't all be better."

I haven't been made a believer about everything, but I am here to tell you that growing a garden in Texas is definitely better. We planted ours last Monday and Tuesday nights. And on Sunday afternoon, we were taking our "yard tour" and found corn and beans up. Up! Growing! We were amazed. And then, upon closer inspection, we discovered that everything we have planted is up already. I cannot believe it. Here is the proof:

corn and beans peeking through

Squash, zucchini and cucumbers on the far right, tomatoes and peppers in the front, carrots, onions and beets in the middle and peas in the back.
*
And, since my parents were curious about how we're trellising our peas this year, this is a better view of the trellis Dave painstakingly built.

I am so thrilled! Food is forthcoming!

1 comment:

breanneryanmurray said...

yay for our gardens!!! : )