Friday, April 9, 2010

will we ever be settled?

Hello out there and welcome to the mess that is our life. We pulled in to Crockett on Sunday night and unloaded some boxes at our new house. We stayed the night in a motel because the house was too dirty to sleep in. Monday and Tuesday we cleaned and unpacked and hung out with Dave's mom and dad and Matt and Hannah. I don't think I'll ever be able to express just how much I appreciate them sacrificing their spring break to drive 1800 miles at 50 mph to bring our stuff to us. I LOVE our family!!!

Wednesday and Thursday we have unpacked, gone on several major shopping trips to Wally's and Lowes and Dave has installed a new kitchen faucet (since ours leaked), repaired our laundry room's hot water faucet and is now in the process of putting in new kitchen lights. I have wiped cigarette tar off of every available surface and tried to find a place for towels, hot pads, placemats, tupperware and gadgets in a kitchen with only four teeny-weeny drawers. We're still working on that one. And today...we're going to paint.

I think I may never be the same.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I think unpacking is the worse part of moving!!! good luck with the house projects and getting settled. It will come and faster then you realize!