For a couple of days, I have been living with an unsolved mystery. Our washer, normally a faithful servant, has been acting up, not draining and/or leaving lots of suds in the "clean" laundry. I was frustrated, thinking "this washer is only four years old! It should not be acting up!"
Then I realized: the washer doesn't have issues every time I run a load. What could be causing the washer to not drain or rinse? Definitely a mystery.
So today, I tried an experiment. I started one load right after we got up, then went about the morning's chores normally. And sure enough, when the washer was done, it hadn't drained. I ran the drain and spin cycle and hung the clothes out on the line, then started another load and Jed and I went to the park.
When we returned, the washer had done it's job perfectly. And then I realized: Jed LOVES the washer. Jed is tall enough to reach the buttons (I know because he started an empty load the other day) and the selecting knob. JED is the culprit!
To test my theory on the third load, I watched him. And sure enough, about halfway through the wash cycle, Jed looked around, stood on his little toes, pushed the magic 'cancel' button and the washer ground to an early halt.
I feel a little deflated, solving my mystery. The washer was my go-to when I needed a few minutes to chop veggies for dinner or scrub the toilet without little hands helping. I'd just start a load and Jed was transfixed for at least half an hour. What am I going to do now for a cheap babysitter?
2 comments:
It looks like you have been rather busy!!! I wish I could say the same about my garden growing so well. I am jealous. My potatoes died the other day from a cold front. Oh well. It looks like you are in a beautiful part of Texas!!!
haha, oh no!
Post a Comment