Dave has been keeping busy at work, checking trails, making sure the YCC kids toe the line and generally having a good time. I always wait impaitiently for the latest story of crazy lake visitors and Dave never disappoints. Today a lady came into the lake who had reserved a campsite for the last week of July but decided she'd come this week--and not bother to change her reservation. She didn't understand why this was a problem, and she still expected to use the same campsite she'd reserved.
Jed is so fun lately. He loves helping me take care of the house--he wants to sweep, mop and clean the toilet all by himself. If only I could let him! He likes to hold the dustpan for me when I sweep, since he can't hold the broom and if he could hold it still, we'd be in business. He loves to carry the mop or broom around the house but has a hard time because he gets caught in doorways or the hall. I always hear him grunting in frustration and know he's stuck somewhere. The other day, he took a dirty wipe from his garbage can and was using it to scrub out the toilet. When I found him, there was more water on the floor than in the toilet bowl and he looked incredibly proud of himself. My good little helper!
Jed is also getting more confident in his physical abilities. He loves to run now. He also does this funny walk where he bends his knees, then goes up on his toes. He tries to throw balls but they don't go very far. He loves it when Dave helps him turn summersalts or cartwheels.
Jed shows signs of being a crazy boy scout already. He is IN LOVE with fire. Whenever we fire up the grill or light our citronella candles outside, he cheers and yells. He is fascinated by flame. I am pretty sure he doesn't understand why he's supposed to not touch it, but the crazy in my voice is enough to keep him back when the temptation to touch the grill gets very strong.
On Wednesday I taught another food-storage class for the ladies in the branch. I feel a little like the lead blind man, but I'm figuring it out. This time it was on different grains--wheat, rice, barley and oats--and how to make bread. I had a lot of fun coming up with my handout and I learned SO much. That's one reason I'm okay with doing these classes, even though I don't know very much myself--because I get to learn. If you're interested in a copy of the handouts, let me know.
All in all, we're doing really well. I hope to be taking more pictures in the future; this past week has been full of good things done but they weren't really picture worthy. Anyway...
2 comments:
I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile! Miss you!
such cute pictures! I would love a copy of your handouts!
Post a Comment