On a different note, does anyone else have a child who throws at least 475 tantrums per day? Shouldn't the Terrible Two's have waited until Jed is actually two? This is seriously not cool. I know that all those parenting manuals say Jed just "exploring his boundaries" and to just give him firm but not overly rigid perameters and he'll soon learn. Well, my boundaries are tired of being explored. I am so tired of telling him "no, Jed, you can't stick both hands and your head in the toilet" and having him weep, wail and gnash his teeth. I'm tired of telling him "Jed, it's my turn to sweep the floor. You can have your turn in a minute" and getting kicked in the shins in return. I am tired of telling him, in my false Mommy is Cheerful voice, "It's time to change your diaper now. We need a clean bum!" and having him either run to the other end of the house or try to leap violently from my arms.
Please tell me a) I'm not the only one who's dealing with this and b) what can I do to get my nice kid back? Because I am about ready to throw in the towel.
7 comments:
Can you throw in the towel? If I could have, I would have. Corbin is still going through that. I am sorry that you are dealing with it now. I just keep trying to remind myself of all the good things about him. Sometimes the best I can do is to not yell and make him go away (to his room usually) so I don't say something I'll regret. Good luck!
wow, you are SO NOT the only one. We are dealing with the same things. Seriously I get so sick of saying no! I think you were writing exactly how I feel every single day. Anyways...I have started to use a couple ideas from the book, "Happiest Toddler on The Block." I think it is kind of a strange book to read, but it does help with the tantrums.
Haaaa funny kid!
I had the exact same problem with Kate. We had to make some things a game or competition (getting dressed and diapers). I learned to shut and child-proof lock every room that had a door. That way the temptations were limited to what I wanted her to find. I also found if I let her mop or use a "Kate-sized" broom I was able to get some things done....sometimes...Mostly, I just let my house go too:)
I'll trade my two for your one
Love Peter
what is it with kids and sitting in dirty diapers... Heather screams every time we try to change one, and sometimes even attempts rolling off the changing table half naked with poop still smeared on her bum!
i swear the neighbors probably think i'm plucking off toes one by one sometimes with all the wailing going on in this house!
i think they are just almost two, and since they're both so SMART they are just ahead of the game. we'll just chalk it up to being advanced (wink, wink) ; )
GOOD LUCK (wish me luck too)!
Its so helpful to read your post and all of your comments from friends. My kids are TERRIBLE! The store is the worse. We walked out Target today with both kids crying! I feel like you banging my head against the wall going nowhere! I wish I had the answer. I am still trying to figure it out. Let me know when you figure it out!
Post a Comment