I don't want to focus on tantrums and spills, on this blog or in my daily life, so I've spent the past week really thinking and praying about why my attitude gets so negative about Jed sometimes. I have realized that he's a little boy and that things just happen, but I also realized that sometimes I am too focused on getting things done and less focused on having fun and being in the moment with my sweet son. So this week I tried hard to tell him more about what we were doing, to pause more often for hugs and reassurance, to just relax and see things from his point of view.
We had a good week. It wasn't a 180-degree change, but there weren't nearly as many fits and I wasn't nearly as frustrated as the week before. I found myself appreciating small things, like when Jed dumped out the change jar and swam through the coins like Scrooge McDuck, or just listening to Jed giggle today as he poured sand on his legs.
Now I'm giving you too many sparkles and rainbows, so here's what you really came to see--pictures of Jed:
Jed loves frozen fruit and veggies. I won't let him eat popsicles for every meal, so I guess this is the next best thing. I love his face after he's had raspberries and blueberries the most.
Like I said earlier, today while I was hanging the laundry on the line, Jed was playing in the sand/dirt by the patio. He had a blast playing there for a while, but that all changed when I decided to water the plants. Jed loves the water so much and since he was so dirty and it was sooooo hot, I decided we'd rinse off and cool off at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment