Sunday, October 3, 2010

the Morse brothers

As I hinted a couple of weeks ago, we have decided to become cat owners. We got two kittens to avoid the night yowling, scratching and biting that comes from the need to roughhouse, and consistent tripping over a lonely kitten wandering underfoot that we experienced with our dearly departed Pip.

Our new kitties are named Dash and Dot. They came to live with us Sunday night and have already grown leaps and bounds. Their names fit them perfectly--Dash is the more skittish of the two and he loves to leap and jump. Dot loves to be snuggled and sleep but he can definitely wrestle and play. They may be sleeping peacefully in this picture, but that seems to be a rarity with these two.



Jed loves to look at the kitties and he's becoming more gentle with them. At first, all he wanted to do was poke them in the eyes! We would tell him "gently, be soft" and he would respond by poking their eyes s-l-o-w-l-y.

Now he likes to point to their noses, ears, eyes and paws and he enjoys patting their tummies and giving their backs kisses.

I'm not going to lie--I was apprehensive about getting pets, mostly because of the mess. But these guys quickly learned to use their litter box and since their food and bed is in the laundry room as well, if I need a little break from them, I can just close the door. I'm still obsessive about making sure our house doesn't smell of Cat, but I'm glad we got them. It's the most fun to watch Jed learn and grow along with Dot and Dash.

2 comments:

Amanda and Peter said...

your kitties are super cute!! Jed is going to have so much fun with them =)

breanneryanmurray said...

how fun! i love kitties!!